Important: SBI (Mauritius) Ltd never asks for your user id/password/PIN through phone call/SMSes/e-mails. Please do not respond to any such phone call/SMSes/e-mails. Any such phone calls/SMSes/E-mails asking you to reveal your login credentials or One Time Password through SMS could be an attempt to withdraw money from your account. NEVER share these details to anyone. SBI (Mauritius) wants you to be secure. If you come across any such instances please inform us through e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beware of Phishing attacks
Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email, phone calls, SMS etc seeking your personal and confidential information.
SBI (Mauritius) Ltd or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Please report immediately on email@example.com if you receive any such email/SMS or Phone call. Immediately change your passwords if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
Beware of Skimming attacks
All our ATM Card Holders are hereby advised that fraudsters are using skimming technology to clone your card and use the same to withdraw money. While we take every safeguard to protect your interests and prevent such incidents, it is also requested that you monitor any suspicious transactions in your Bank account /SMS alerts received by you on account of debit in your Account and advise us immediately on Customer Care Number (+230) 2108809 or Toll free number 8002009 in order to minimize/eliminate such risks.
Do's and Dont's of ATM Transactions.
* Conduct your ATM transactions in complete privacy, never let anyone see you entering your PIN i.e. Personal Identification Number ( ATM Password)
* After completion of transaction ensure that welcome screen is displayed on ATM screen
* Ensure your current mobile number is registered with the bank so that you can get alerts for all your transactions
* Beware of suspicious movements of people around the ATM or strangers trying to engage you in conversation
* Do check if the card given to you by the merchant after completion of the transaction is your card
* Look for extra devices attached to the ATMs that looks suspicious
* Inform the bank if the ATM / Debit card is lost or stolen, immediately, report if any unauthorised transaction
* Check the transaction alert SMSs and bank statements regularly
* If cash is not dispensed and ATM does not display "cash out" please report to the Bank on the number mentioned in the Notice Board
* Immediately check your phone for SMS for debit amount
* Do not write your PIN on the card, memorise your PIN number
* Do not take help from strangers or handover your card to anyone for using it
* Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, including bank employees and family members
* Do not allow the card to go out of your sight when you are making a payment
* Avoid speaking on the mobile phone while you are transacting
Do's and Dont's of Internet Banking/ Mobile Banking transactions
Access our internet banking website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser. The URL is www.onlinesbiglobal.com
Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
SBI (Mauritius) Ltd or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to get your personal information, password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently withdraw money from your account through Internet Banking. Never respond to such email/SMS or phone call. Please report immediately by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
if you receive any such e-mail/SMS or Phone call.
Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
Having the following will improve your internet security:
- Newer version of Operating System with latest security patches.
- Latest version of Browsers
- Firewall is enabled.
- Antivirus signatures applied
Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs or free wifi zones.
After you have logged in, you will not be asked to provide your username and login password again. Also, you will not be asked to provide your CREDIT or DEBIT CARD details while using internet banking. If you get a message (such as through a pop-up) asking for such information, please do not provide this information no matter how 'genuine' the page appears to be. Such pop-ups are most likely the result of malwares infecting your computer. Please take immediate steps to disinfect your device.