SBI (Mauritius) Ltd offers you the convenience of 20 ATMs running 24X7 in Mauritius including one in Rodrigues island.
Bank has introduced ATM Recyclers, which are innovative way to deposit and withdraw money and are based on ‘Green Banking’, focusing on customer delight and convenience. Customers can use the recyclers to withdraw and deposit cash at their convenient time without waiting in queues at the branches. Customers may simply walk to the recyclers, swipe their SBI ATM-cum-Debit cards and deposit the cash at their convenience. Thus recycler is an endeavour to offer ease of transactions to all our customers. Now, with a view to help the corporate customers to deposit cash into their operative account(s) through, the bank has also launched a Corporate Deposit Card. Both retail and corporate customers can use the same recycler machine to make deposits. At present SBI (Mauritius) has 6 recyclers.
KINDS OF CARDS ACCEPTED IN OUR ATMs
Our ATM card services are of Master Card, Cirrus and Maestro Cards. (We do not accept VISA, Union Pay, Amex)
ATM Debit Cards
The SBI Mauritius ATM Debit cards can be used at
- Point of Sales of any authorised merchant or establishment, enabling the automatic debit of your bank account.
- SBI Mauritius 19 ATMS in Mauritius and 1 in Rodrigues
- All SBI ATMS in India (Free of Charge)
- All Non-SBI Mauritius ATMS in Mauritius and Worldwide
Instant Cash Deposit
Some of our ATMs are also having the Cash Recycling functionality. The ATM Cash Recycler Machine is an ATM like machine that allows you to deposit cash directly into your account using the ATM cum debit card. You can use this machine to instantly credit your account without visiting the branch. The transaction receipt also gives you your updated account balance. Some of the salient features of this product are:
- Instant credit of cash deposit into your own account
- Quick and convenient way to deposit cash
- Paperless transaction
- Upto 200 currency notes can be deposited in a single transaction
- The ATM Recycler only accepts denominations of Rs.100/-, Rs.200/-, Rs.500/- & Rs.1000/-
- The maximum amount you can withdraw on our ATMs per day is MUR 20,000/-
Out of Zone Activation/Deactivation
International debit cards carry the risk of being skimmed/cloned by mischievous elements in one country and being misused in other countries, where the security standards/policing standards are not stringent. Hence, as a Risk Mitigation mechanism, we have restricted international usage of our Cards by introducing concept of ‘Out-of-zone’ functionality for our ATM/Debit Cards. ‘Out of Zone’ are all countries except Mauritius. A Card holder visiting “Out of Zone” country (ies) has the option of activating/deactivating his/her ATM & Debit Card for international usage depending on his travel plans to visit abroad.
How to activate your ATM Card for out of zone usage?
The Cardholder has to visit any of our on-site and off-site ATMs (Currently 20) of our Bank in Mauritius. The Cardholder will authenticate the use of Card through his normal PIN (4 digit password) entry. After PIN entry, Customer can select the option for 'Activate International Usage'. The cardholder then has to input international usage Expiry date in "YYYYMMDD" format. The maximum validity period allowed is 180 days. The ATM & Debit Card will be immediately activated for international usage. On successful response, ATM will display the appropriate screen and will give a print receipt too. In case of failure transaction, the customer will get transaction declined receipt. The ATM & Debit Card will automatically stop international usage on the expiry date chosen by the ATM & Debit Card Holder. In case the customer returns from abroad earlier than the expiry date chosen, he has the option of deactivating through the ‘Deactivate International Usage’ Menu in ATM.
The card gives you access to POS terminals in Merchant Establishments in Mauritius and around the world. The POS limit id MUR 100,000/- per day.
A service which enables you to withdraw your preferred amounts with just a touch. The options in the denomination of 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, are available.
Use this service to change your password at regular intervals.
Expecting an inflow of funds in your account? Use this service to check the current available balance in your account. This service is also available on the main option screen after swiping your card. You can also 'Go Green' by selecting the view option as the balance is displayed on the screen else get a transaction receipt by selecting print.
Keep track of the transactions in your account by availing this service. Mini-statement gives you an insight into the last 10 transactions in your account.
Blocking the stolen/missing ATM Debit Card
Customers can call the customer care number 203 4913 (during office hours), Hot line number (after office hours and weekends): 210 8809 for blocking the card. Please note that you need to provide card number/account number and prove your identity for blocking the card. Customers can also reach out to their home branch. Contact information is available on Branch-ATM locator
ATM Security Tips:
12 Golden Rules to keep your ATM transactions safe and secure
- Please sign on the reverse of the card immediately on receipt.
- Change your ATM PIN regularly.
- Never keep the PIN with the debit card or write on it. Always memorize it.
- Do not provide the ATM card and PIN details to anyone, including Bank/Govt. agency/family/friends, etc. Bank or any other institution will never ask for this information.
- Do not let strangers come in to the ATM room or take their help to complete the transactions.
- Hide the keypad while keying in your PIN at ATM/POS terminals.
- Do not throw your transaction slip in the ATM room as it contains your account information.
- Always wait till the ATM returns to the idle mode and the green light is blinking.
- Insist on swiping your card in your presence in hotels/shops/malls, etc.
- Never swipe your card at POS machines kept at unknown temporary stalls.
- Block and destroy your old card, when you get a new one. Register your mobile number at the Branch to get SMS alerts for all transactions
- Hotlist your card immediately on losing it
Use the 'Transfer' option in our ATMs and send INR Remittance to India.
Do's and Dont's of ATM Transactions.
* Conduct your ATM transactions in complete privacy, never let anyone see you entering your PIN i.e. Personal Identification Number ( ATM Password)
* After completion of transaction ensure that welcome screen is displayed on ATM screen
* Ensure your current mobile number is registered with the bank so that you can get alerts for all your transactions
* Beware of suspicious movements of people around the ATM or strangers trying to engage you in conversation
* Do check if the card given to you by the merchant after completion of the transaction is your card
* Look for extra devices attached to the ATMs that looks suspicious
* Inform the bank if the ATM / Debit card is lost or stolen, immediately, report if any unauthorised transaction
* Check the transaction alert SMSs and bank statements regularly
* If cash is not dispensed and ATM does not display "cash out" please report to the Bank on the number mentioned in the Notice Board
* Immediately check your phone for SMS for debit amount.
* Do not write your PIN on the card, memorise your PIN number
* Do not take help from strangers or handover your card to anyone for using it
* Do not disclose your PIN to anyone, including bank employees and family members
* Do not allow the card to go out of your sight when you are making a payment
* Avoid speaking on the mobile phone while you are transacting
Step by Step Guide to generate ATM Card PIN through Internet Banking
Customer Care Service : 210 8809
Please refer to the Debit Card User Manual for more information.